Saturday, October 1, 2011

Living Simply - Warm Fruit Salad

Warm Fruit Salad

1-2 Tbsp. butter
2-3 cups fruit, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
dash of cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350F. Melt the butter in a square 8x8 baking dish. Meanwhile chop up some fruit. I used two bananas, canned pineapple, and frozen blueberries. I wanted something quick and simple using items I had on hand. Use whatever you have on hand. Throw your fruit in the baking dish with the melted butter. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, maple syrup and cinnamon. Bake for about 20 minutes, serve and enjoy.

We put a dollup of yogurt on top, but whipped cream would be a delicious addition. All of my measurements are approximate. I don't measure if I don't have to. I made this as a quick dessert and will definitely make this again. I admit that the bananas get a little mushy and it isn't a gourmet looking dish, but is rather a comforting mass of mushy goodness. My kiddos were pleased.

Happy Feast of Saint Therese!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tina-Marie, I found your comment on Alecia's blog. I'm a German married to an American and living in New York. We raise our children bilingually and use lots of German resources. I also have a bilingual blog at www.untroddenpaths.blogspot.com. Maybe you would like to visit. Are you also on the Mater Amabilis list? I thought I saw your name there.Warmly,Eva

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...