Monday, October 24, 2011

Daybook ~ October 24th

Outside My Window it is dark and a bit gloomy. The sun hasn't risen yet, but I have hope. I love to look outside before the sun rises and see if I can find a red spot in the sky. My mother-in-law (who is German) always claimed that if the sky was red, you could be sure that Christkind backt plaetzchen (the Christ child is baking cookies). What a sweet thought, isn't it.

I am Listening to the furnace running. It is really cold outside is -5C (23F).

I am Wearing pj's. The baby is sleeping in my room and digging for clothes would mean that quietness will end for a while.

I am so Grateful for this sing-along / dance video. It is my saving grace when I need to make dinner. My 20 month old will do almost all of the actions and tries to sing along. It is so cute to watch him while I am prepping dinner.

I'm Pondering "There is no limit to what we can accomplish when we don't care who gets the credit." ~ Ernest Ohlhoff

This was the first line of the 40 Days for Life reflection for today. I need to take this quote and print it on my heart.

I am Thinking about the visit from our homeschool facilitator today.

I am Creating pants for the boys. I bought material on sale last Thursday, to sew pants for the two big boys using this pattern. I plan on reinforcing the knees and still have a bit of figuring to do.

I am learning to love myself and that burnout is not something you get over after a few good nights of sleep.

To live the liturgy I am praying every morning and evening. This is a big deal for me. It isn't always easy to make the effort to pray and take time to reflect. Having littles makes it easy to make excuses.

Towards a Real Education pick up The Iroquois Trail again. I haven't been doing many read-alouds and I want to make a better effort this week to do that with the older children.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty do some nature walks this week and collect findings for the nature table.

I am Hoping and Praying to heal from my recent miscarriages. Before my most recent period came, I had another positive pregnancy tests. Two miscarriages in two months is a heavy cross, but it is my cross.

Around the House my dear husband has lumber for some small diy projects.

From the Kitchen a whole week of yummy goodness. I broke down and made a menu plan. I am always reluctant to do this because we end up eating so much more than usual and the food budget increases.

On my iPod: Songs for Sapplings for learning Bible verses and memorization.

One of My Favorite Things is having a coffee with my husband.

On the Calendar for the Week nothing, but that could change.

Worth a Thousand Words
Yes, my daughter thinks her baby brother is a life sized doll. No, not really, but stuff like this happens when I am trying to make dinner. The little guy screamed when we tried to bring him back to reality for dinner. He loves that felted dolly hat.

Thank you for stopping by and God bless this monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...