Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Triumpf of the Cross - September 14th


Tomorrow we celebrate the Triump of the Cross. As Catholics, we believe that Christ's dying on the cross and His resurrection opened the gates to heaven. To celebrate this day my daughter has helped me makes plans.

Special Prayers...

Indulgenced Prayer Before a Crucifix

BEHOLD, O good and sweetest Jesus, I cast myself upon my knees in Thy sight, and with the most fervent de sire of my soul I pray and beseech Thee to impress upon my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity, with true repentance for my sins and a most firm desire of amendment: whilst with deep affection and grief of soul I consider within myself and mentally contemplate Thy five most precious Wounds, having before mine eyes that which David, the prophet, long ago spoke in Thine own person concerning Thee, my Jesus: They have pierced my hands and my feet, they have numbered all my bones [Psalm 21, 17, 18].

Say Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be for the Catholic Church and the intentions of the Holy Father. A plenary indulgence, under the usual conditions, may be gained by those who shall say this prayer with devotion before an image of our crucified Redeemer. A partial indulgence may also be gained for each devout recitation.
Source: www.catholictradition.org

Litany of the Cross

The cross is the hope of Christians
the cross is the resurrection of the dead
the cross is the way of the lost
the cross is the savior of the lost
the cross is the staff of the lame
the cross is the guide of the blind
the cross is the strength of the weak
the cross is the doctor of the sick
the cross is the aim of the priests
the cross is the hope of the hopeless
the cross is the freedom of the slaves
the cross is the power of the kings
the cross is the water of the seeds
the cross is the consolation of the bondsmen
the cross is the source of those who seek water
the cross is the cloth of the naked.
We thank you, Father, for the cross.

Some activities that we have planned are:

-Feast Day folder from My Little Flower Blogspot
-Holy Name Match-up from A Year With God
- "Colors-of-Christ" Cross activity

I will post pictures if I get the chance to take any. I hope that these ideas will be helpful to you and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...