Friday, September 30, 2011

Living Simply - Autumn has Arrived!

I love autumn. It is my favourite season. I love the colours, the scenes and the smells. I love snuggling in warm blankets by candlelight, sipping a hot cup of tea or coffee. I love going for walks and enjoying nature. Here are some of my latest photo impressions of my favourite season.
All of these pictures were taken in the neighbourhood that I live in. The kids collected leaves and pinecones. The last picture is of the wreath hanging on our front door. The wreath itself cost $5 and all of the embellishments were things that I had lying around the house. I learned how to make the flowers here.

God is so good. Autumn is God's greatest art project in my opinion. He uses no shortage of colours, textures, line, contrast and perspective. The images are like a colourful symphony.

Autumn flashes by so quickly in our neck of the Canadian woods, that you have to capture these moments and savour them for as long as you can. The winter here is long and hard. I am especially thankful that this Autumn has been longer than usual. Last year, we had snow in September and all of the leaves fell on one day. This year the leaves are still on the trees and are falling more deliberately and slowly. Hopefully, we can take a few more walks, collect a few more leaves, sip tea by candlelight and savour every moment of Autumn.

Autumn Song

by Katherine Mansfield

Now's the time when children's noses
All become as red as roses
And the colour of their faces
Makes me think of orchard places
Where the juicy apples grow,
And tomatoes in a row.

And to-day the hardened sinner
Never could be late for dinner,
But will jump up to the table
Just as soon as he is able,
Ask for three times hot roast mutton--
Oh! the shocking little glutton.

Come then, find your ball and racket,
Pop into your winter jacket,
With the lovely bear-skin lining.
While the sun is brightly shining,
Let us run and play together
And just love the autumn weather.

God Bless and enjoy the autumn.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos Tina Marie! I love the bright blue sky with the bright yellow leaves! It's beautiful here now too. I don't know one person who doesn't love fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...