Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Feast of Padre Pio - September 23rd


On Friday, we celebrate the Feast of Saint Padre Pio. Noah studied this Saint
in depth last year and dressed up as him for our home school All Saints Day gathering. Since then, Saint Padre Pio has become one of our family's favourite Saints. You can watch a little video about him, to get to know a little bit more about him.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQ8_N0O5jk&w=420&h=315]

This Friday, we will be burying our miscarried baby. This just happens to be the day that worked out for my working husband, our parish priest and the cemetery. I would like to think that Padre Pio has his hands in this, but I won't know until I possibly get to meet him in heaven. This day is also my mother in law's birthday as well as the birthday of our dear friend Dee-dee (as his family and we like to call him).

While helping Mia search for some ideas for honoring his feast day, I found some quotes here, that really struck with me:

Let us try to serve the Lord with all our heart and will. He will always give us more than we deserve.

Endure tribulations, illness, and pain, for the love of God and for the conversion of poor sinners.


You must concentrate on pleasing God alone, and if He is pleased, you must be pleased.


Prayer is the best weapon we possess. It is the key that opens the heart of God.


Here is the chronology of Saint Padre Pio's Life.

Saint Padre Pio often spoke and later wrote about the significance of his guardian angel. I am not a Padre Pio expert, so I won't go into detail. But, I thought it might be a great idea to do an angel craft in honor of his feast day. I read somewhere on this world wide web, that children should draw a picture of their guardian angel for the feast of Saint Padre Pio. Being a huge scrapbooking and papercraft fan, I thought we might take it a step further and make these with the stuff I have around the house.

Photo Courtesy of Ginger and George

I will try to post picture of our creations, but don't hold your breath because I seldom get around to taking pictures of our creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...