Sunday, August 7, 2011

Today's Ponderings

I awoke again today before most humanly people awake. I was pondering my life right now and what I can do to make a difference. As a mother, I have the role of assisting God in forming my children. It is sometimes often a difficult task. I nag. Yes, I do. I really don't mean to, but it happens. There are a lot of things that I wish I could do better. God knows that and I think that is why I stumbled upon this prayer...

Serenity Prayer

God, grant me the courage to change the things I can change,
the serenity to accept those I cannot change,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
But God, grant me the courage not to give up on what I think is right,
even though I think it is hopeless.

Amen.

It wasn't until after Mass that I realized that part of my problem is my faith. I believe, but I can't give my total trust to God. My human side wants to become holy and change, but I often forget to put that desire in Our Lord's hands. It reminds me of Saint Peter in today's Gospel reading.

Matthew 14

29 He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus;
30 but when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me."
31 Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, "O man of little faith, why did you doubt?"


Luckily, though our Lord reached out His hand and caught Saint Peter. He catches me, too. Right? The prayer also says to not give up on what is right. It is right to want to be holy and not to give up hope.

Lord, grant me the ability to do Your will and to visit You often, especially when things feel hopeless and overwhelming.

Amen

I wish you a wonderful Sunday and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. I could have written this post. It's hard to trust! Thankfully God knows we're weak and gives us never-ending chances to try again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...