Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saint Basil's Hymnal

While in Ontario, we stayed with our dear friends who also home school. It just so happens that they school together with another family on Tuesdays. As part of their lessons on Tuesdays, they sing a hymn in accordance with the Liturgical Calendar from the Saint Basil's Hymnal. They were given an old copy and use it to sing together. I was intrigued, since music is a great love of mine. I love music and love to collect music. The music in this hymnal is written in four parts and is easy to sing (for the most part). I don't have the funds right now to buy myself a copy, but luckily found an online version. I plan to take my friend's lead and learn a new song each month out of this hymnal. This month is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I still have to choose a song for this month. You can get your own copy of the Saint Basil Hymnal here. I love that there are treasures like this available online, especially when we are trying to live a simple life. Although, if you have an old copy laying around and are not using it, please feel free to pass it on our way.

God Bless and thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...