Monday, August 9, 2010

The Summer Thus Far

I haven't been feeling like blogging much lately. I always think of things to write about and then think, who cares! My life is pretty boring and I don't have anything that important to write about. And oh, I have a baby attached to the hip that only lets me type one-handed or not at all. Do I sound a little frustrated? I am. It's not that I don't love my life as a mommy and a wife, but I sometimes wish things would go my way smoother. At the beginning of the summer, I thought I would get a chance to plan the next school year, read some books, get the house cleaned, go on field trips, sip cold lemonade and relax. The truth is school is not planned, but bits of plans are scattered on my desk. I only read one book from cover to cover and the house still isn't cleaned. We went on one field trip and the lemonade and relaxing were somehow lost in the shuffle. After reciting such complaints, my loving husband would say, "But look at what you have done despite all that is going on. You...

  • nursed the baby back up to a healthy weight despite a rocky start
  • cloth diaper and always manage to have enough clean ones
  • trained the puppy, she isn't too bad anymore
  • go to the gym
  • lost 12lbs
  • cook awesome meals
  • helped your son put on weight after he lost a bunch (long story)
  • made rosaries for the missions
  • learned to cook grain-free (another long story)
  • made to daily mass a few times, better than not at all
  • got a few things ready for school
  • are not insane and I am on your side and I love you!

I love my husband. He is always honest and to the point. What if's don't count in his opinion and life is the way it is. Babies are only little for a short time and for everything there is a season. This is my life, one step at a time. I must admit that I don't like to blog about life's difficult moments. But that wouldn't be right. I don't lead a perfect life or have it all together at all times. I'm human and need to trust God will take care of all of the shortcomings. On a lighter and brighter note, I thought I would share a few pictures of our summer thus far.

A visit from Br. Paul, and old highschool friend on his pro-life walk across Canada
The boys on their 10th and 5th birthdays and their volcano cake
The kids and their friends at Heritage Park
My adorable little baby boy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...