Monday, August 9, 2010

Going Grain Free

I mentioned in my last post that we have gone "Grain-Free". This wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it has caused quite a lot of stress. I was lead by a facebook friend to take a look at a website that she had found called Gluten Free Society: Educating Patients and Doctors About Gluten. It took me a few days until I finally took the time to watch the following two videos, amoung others. You are entitled to form your own opinions, but I think they are true representations of what gluten sensitivity is. It is because of this research and my all around well-being (which wasn't so great) that our family decided to go TRUE GLUTEN FREE aka GRAIN-FREE.



I am not at all affiliated with the Gluten Free Society. I just want to write about what I have learned and our journey along this path. Our life will never be the same. So far I have learned that meat, potatoes, fruit and veggies are my friends and that we must get along. Almond flour is expensive, and worth it, but I must find another cheaper alternative to feed this growing hungry family if we are not to be financially ruined. I need to throw all I have learned about food out the door and go back to the drawing board. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...