Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ May 17, 2010.

Outside my window…the sun is shining brightly and it is warm.

I am thinking…that I want to get a lot of unfinished ends tied up. Plant pumpkin seeds, plant some bird seed with the kids, clean the house (lol, a few things hopefully) and find time to read.

I am thankful for…a garden hose. The quickest way to wash off mud before it is brought into the house.

From the learning rooms…study of wolves, writing, Canadian studies and finishing up the rest of the Seton homeschool program.

From the kitchen…leftover chicken chili (yummmm) with rice. Daddy sure makes a great chili.

I am wearing…black capris and a button-down grey t-shirt. That will probably change soon. Paddy always seems to throw up all over me at least twice a day. Acid reflux just isn't any fun.

I am creating…lesson plans for this coming fall. The shopping list is written, the books I am using are all figured out, now all I have to do is write a master plan. It is a combination of Mater Amabilis Levels 1A and 2 and a combination of materials I already own. I can't wait to finish planning and actually get started.

I am going…to the gym four to five times this week. I joined Curves almost three weeks ago to get fit and strive toward a healthy bodysize and to have some mommy time. I tried working out at home, but dirty dishes, unfolded laundry and a fussy baby always seem to convince me to stop. Getting out for an hour a day has increased my energy levels, helped me lose two inches of my abdomen and boost my self-image.

I am reading…My First History of Canada by Donalda Dickie. This will be our main resource for Canadian History next term. I am also reading When Children Love to Learn by Elaine Cooper. After using Seton Homeschool for this past year, I am yearning to go back to more of a Charlotte Mason type of home school atmosphere.

I am hoping…to have a productive week.

I am hearing…the baby and Mia playing. Actually, the baby is beginning to fuss.

Around the house…always lots to do, but it is not too bad.

One of my favorite things…a cup of coffee with daddy after he gets home from work. I am not a coffee drinker per say, but I love the social aspect. Just sitting down with him to discuss our day when he comes home over a fresh brewed cup of java is bliss.

A few plans for the rest of the week…art class Wednesday, visit from my uncle sometime this week and hopefully going to Heritage Park for it's opening this coming weekend.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing…the baby and I (I actually had time to do my hair for once, it is usually quite the mess)


For more Daybook entries follow this link...

1 comment:

  1. (I'm so sorry to leave you an unrelated comment, but I couldn't find an alternate way to contact you.)I just wanted to make sure that you knew that your blog is featured as a site on the Catholic Gadget (Catholic Family Toolbar). http://www.catholicgadget.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...