Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Irish Soda Bread

Tasty Tuesday

GLUTEN FREE IRISH SODA BREAD

I meant to post this prior to Saint Patrick's Day, but life doesn't always work that way. So here it is now. I modified a recipe that I found to accomadate what I had on hand. Enjoy! I know I did. I ate more than my share of this loaf.

Ingredients:
1 cup gluten free flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup cane sugar
1 tsp guar gum
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 eggs
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp molasses
3 tsp caraway seeds
2/3 cup golden raisins

Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a pie plate or 8" round cake pan and dust it with cornmeal. Whisk the dry ingredients together. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix gently and then add caraway seeds and raisins. Add some liquid (milk or sour cream if the dough is too dry). Pour the dough into the prepared cake pan or pie plate. Dust with cornmeal and slice a criss-cross into the dough. Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the loaf is golden and crusty and sounds hollow when tapped. Check for doneness with a toothpick. Cool on a cake rack for about 10 minutes. Turn out and less cool. Enjoy warm or cool. Be sure to put any leftovers in a closed container to enjoy any unused portions the next day.



For more Tasty Tuesday recipes visit City Wife, Country Life blog

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I have several gluten-free readers; I'm sure they'll appreciate this recipe! I'll be sure to pass it along to them, too.Thanks for participating in Tasty Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...