Monday, March 22, 2010

Library Finds

I love our public library. They sell their old books for $0.50 - $1.00 per book. Sometimes they are even priced lower than that at 2 for 1. I have walked out of our library once with six books for $3.00. One of the books was a book from the series of the Chronicles of Narnia. This Saturday I walked out with these three books:

The Ultimate Drawing Course by John Raynes


Knitting Over The Edge: Unique Ribs, Cords, Appliques, Colors, Nouveau (Hardcover)


Crinkleroot's Guide to Knowing Butterflies and Moths (Hardcover)


Does your library do this too? Do you look forward to buying new-used treasures? My kids love going to thrift stores and looking through the used book section and shopping at used book stores. I hope we can find some of our school books for next year used and thrifty. I am a book shop-a-holic. I trade my visa points for gift cards at the bookstore. I have books in the amazon online cart right now, but feel terrible buying more books. Why? Because I just bought books last week using my points. I am already working on my booklists for next year. Updates to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Let me know about the Knitting Over the Edge book. I have been curious about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,You should move here when we have 10 for $1 at the library! Have you checked mom to mom websites? Craigslist? Kijiji? I bet you are looking forward to garage sales ... I know that I am!eliz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooooooh...I forgot one more website/forum - FREECYCLE?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...