Monday, March 22, 2010

Kids That Cook

Since Patrick's birth, things have been crazy in our home. While trying to maintain my sanity, great things have happened! My kids have become quite proficientin the kitchen. All of a sudden, my kids have learned to cook. The only cooking that I have done is.... hmm I just give directions, I don't actually cook. While holding or nursing the baby, I tell everyone where to find my best recipes, give tips and tell shortcuts, taste test and trust. I have always wanted the kids to learn how to cook, but didn't let them do too much. I didn't want to have to clean up after them and I certainly didn't want the cooking and prep work to take FOREVER! Well, God is teaching me to be patient and trusting. Iam reaping the rewards. Who knew that a 7 and 9 year old (with some help from dad and a little from myself) could be so talented? I have enjoyed stews, muffins, banana bread, pasta and even crepes made by my children. Am I bragging? Yes! It is not totally on my account, but I can be proud anyways. Daddy has also become quite good in the kitchen. He is the best muffin baker and pancake maker this side of the great lakes. Here are a few pictures of my budding chefs.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...