Monday, March 29, 2010

Holy Week Daybook ~ March 29th, 2010

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sun is shining and it looks like a wonderful spring day. If only it weren't so windy.

I am thinking... how fast time flies when you have so much to do.

I am thankful for... my husband. He is so wonderful at helping me get things done with a high demand baby in tow.

From the learning rooms... week 27 (test week) of Seton home school study and lots of Holy Week activities and Easter preparations going on.

From the kitchen... leftovers from our Seder meal last night.

I am wearing... the baby. :-) and a t-shirt, floral skirt and leggings.

I am creating... a First Communion Dress for my daughter.

I am going... to try to stay focused and get lots of things done this week!

I am reading... too many books to list, some of which are kids books. Noah really enjoys reading the same book I am and having discussions about it.

I am hoping... that everything is ok with the baby. We have an appointment with the midwives for a weighing on Wednesday and an appointment with a pediatrician on Thursday to see if we can find out why baby isn't pooing.

I am hearing... the sweet sounds of a sleeping baby.

Around the house... lots of dirt and fingerprints. Have I mentioned that I have a new baby and that it is ok to have a dirty house?

One of my favorite things... a hot shower. A few minutes of mom-time under hot running water. I don't know what I would do without it sometimes.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Trying to finish our Easter preparations, spend time reading the bible and talking about the passion, death and resurrection of our Lord with the children. If all goes well, we will try to have a Holy Thursday tea like Alice's. I also hope to get the dress done, the house tidy and, and etc.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... our seder meal. It is a tradition in our house to prepare a seder meal. Normally, we do this on Holy Thursday as a "Last Supper", but thought that it would be too hard to prepare during the week. We opted to not make our own gluten free matza, and had crackers instead. It isn't all kosher like it was last year, but we had to improvise a little. My favourite were the coconut-chocolate chip macarrons that Mia made at the very back on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...