Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Day Crafts

St. Valentine's Day is just around the corner. We usually go to art class on Wednesday, but I cancelled this week. I am feeling exhausted and want to spend some quality time with the kids before the baby takes over our schedule. So I promised the kids to come up with an art project for them to do at home. I was inspired by Art Projects for Kids "Focal Point Valentine" project. I like giving them art projects that have a purpose and this one turned out great. The inside messages are really sweet, too. Last week at art class, the kids wrote Haiku poetry and illustrated them. I asked them to write Valentine's Day Haiku poems for the inside to reinforce the technique. They are so personal that I won't share them.



I also found a really sweet project for our preschooler. I love making handprint art projects with little ones. I like to keep them and look back at how small their little hands were. This one was so sweet that I knew we had to do it. Perhaps it is selfish of me to have him make me a Valentine's Day card like this, but he would have made me something in daycare if he wasn't homeschooled. I think it is wierd though. I normally don't make the kids make me things for birthdays or mother's day either. If you click on the picture you can read the poem. Isn't is adorable? Go here to get your preschooler or toddler to make you one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...