Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Tasty Tuesday
This past Thursday, I posted my small successes and was asked to share my granola bar recipe on Tasty Tuesday. I had never heard of Tasty Tuesday and followed the link this morning to find out that it is brand new. I love trying new recipes, but don't always get around to sharing them. Usually, I don't even get a picture of them before they are devoured. Nonetheless, I will share my gluten free (or not) recipe of Granola Bars as I make them. They are chewy like a nutri-grain bar and not dry. I have adapted a glutenous recipe to be gluten free and I believe mostly fat free.

Gluten Free Granola Bars

Ingredients

1 egg
1/4 c. cane sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp GF baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 c. applesauce
1 c. GF regular oats (not rolled)
1/4 c. nuts or dried fruit

Combine egg, sugars and applesauce. Add sifted dry ingredients and nuts or fruits. Spread into a lightly greased 8x8 or 9x9. Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and cut into bars or squares. Freezes well.

* I use ONLY OATS which are certified gluten free. Oats are normally considered to contain gluten as a result of cross contamination. My son and I, who are celiac, haven't had any issues with these particular oats. If you do not need to follow a gluten free diet, feel free to use regular oats and all-purpose flour instead of GF oats and flour.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this!! I never would've thought to use applesauce, but I bet it works wonderfully. I have all of these ingredients (the non GF version) and will try this this afternoon for a snack for my nieces tomorrow!Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Hubby has been wanting me to try my hand at granola bars. I will try these! Thank you~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...