Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ February 8, 2010.


Outside My Window: It looks like Narnia in the "Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe". Breathtakingly cold and beautiful at the same time.

I am Listening to: L'Angelus Sacred Hymn Collections which just arrived with the mail today. I have waited so long for this CD and it was more than worth the wait.

I am wearing: A rust coloured dress over black tights, legwarmers and hubby's socks (since mine leave deep marks in my fat edema plagued feet.

I am Thankful For: My slowcooker. I have been using it almost everyday and it is wonderful not worrying about cooking when I am exhausted in the late afternoon. The meals cook themselves and are so warm and delicious.

I am Pondering: What life will be like with another baby? I can hardly wait, but am totally scared at the same time. I never homeschooled with the last baby, they were all so little. I wasn't celiac either. This time we have no family living nearby. Will I bounce back quickly and be able to cope with all of life's challenges?

I am Reading: The Chronicles of Narnia with Noah. We own one book and he borrowed another from the church library. It is so exciting to read with him.

From the Kitchen: Hmmmm. Slow cooker meals.... lots of them. Soups and stews mostly. Hopefully more homemade flatbread.

I am Thinking: That I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and children who are very helpful, especially in the kitchen and around the house. How could I have been so blessed?

I am Creating: A First Communion Dress for my daughter. It is still early, but April will come very fast with a little one in the house.

Towards a Real Education: Home-economics. That is what I have been calling all of the baking and cooking and organizing help from the kids. Kids are so capable of cooking and baking. I am glad that they love peeling, chopping, cooking, baking and taste-testing.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty: Keeping toys off of the floor is a priority right now. I can't tell you how many things get broke when a pregnant mommy accidentally steps on them.

To Live the Liturgy: Looking ahead into activities for the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes and upcoming Lent.

I am Hoping and Praying: For a home-birth, sooner than later. I can pray for that can't I? I feel selfish wanting this so badly. I really want this birth to be a family affair in a house surrounded by things that remind me of Our Lord as opposed to a sterile environment.

In the Garden: Frost and more frost. I love the look of frozen branches. It is magical.

Around the House: Lots of hints that a baby is about to make an appearance.

On Keeping Home: Keeping everything tidy and keeping up with the laundry and clean bathrooms. These things always seem to be a priority before the arrival of one of my babies. Who knows when or how these things will get done once the baby arrives. I will enjoy a relatively clean household for now.

One of My Favorite Things: Cuddling under a blanket and reading to my kids. My four year old loves when we do this with Beatrix Potter books and so do I.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week: Rest, rest, rest and more rest.

A Picture Thought I'm sharing: Baby and I at 37 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...