Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ January 18

FOR TODAY...

Outside My Window: It is dark and about -6C. Not too cold. I hope it warms up nicely and is sunny.

I am Listening to: Owen looking at a great preschool resource book that I picked up at the library on Saturday.

I am wearing: Pj's. I think that is what I am wearing everytime I post is this category.

I am Thankful For: My bed. After two nights of sleeping on the pullout sofa while the bedroom was receiving a new coat of paint, I was so glad to sleep in my comfy bed last night.

I am Pondering: How much longer will I be pregnant. I have so much nesting left to do, but am finding it more and more difficult to finish all of these "to do" lists.

I am Reading: A few different books. Trying to find time to read without falling asleep is becoming more and more difficult.

From the Kitchen: Leftover chili today. I will wing the rest of meals the rest of the week, like I usually do. Gluten free foods taste better fresh, especially baked goods.

I am Thinking: about the movie I watched last night. Mother Theresa starring Olivia Hussey. Blessed Mother Theresa was an amazing woman. Why can't I be more like her?

I am Creating: Too many things! I still have lots of diapers to sew, a family blanket for the baby, cloth wipes, mama pads, and eventually a skirt for my post-partum days, a Christening outfit and a First Communion dress.

Towards a Real Education: Week 21 of Seton Home Study. Woot!!!! I can't believe we have made it this far. Also, we are getting everything ready for the new arrival, plus going to art class and piano lessons.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty: We have a wonderful rhythm established for school and chores, I just have to work in the beauty a bit.

To Live the Liturgy: Pray more and make it to adoration. I really need to make more of an effort.

I am Hoping and Praying: For a safe and healthy home-birth. I keep offering up everything for this one particular thing. We have never had a home birth and the children really want to be present to welcome their little brother into the world.

In the Garden: ugh. It is so gross. The dirty snow has melted and froze so many times. It looks ugly and untidy. I wish the rest of the ice and snow would melt.

Around the House: A freshly painted bedroom, a freshly painted bathroom and lots of decluttering happened the last few days. I have a few more hot spots to declutter and need to find room for baby stuff.

On Keeping Home: CLR is a great invention. My bathroom sparkles. We have really hard water and CLR worked its magic in my bathroom. I want everything in my house to shine like those tub and tiles.

One of My Favorite Things: sleep. I really love a good night's sleep and can't remember the last time I was blessed with one.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week: Nesting, sewing, cleaning and trying to stay awake while doing the above mentioned tasks.

A Picture Thought I'm Sharing
Owen working on making a Frosty for letter "F" Along the Alphabet Path

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...