Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hearts For Home ♥ ♥ 19th January


"In today’s busy and aggressive society mothers at home are not given much encouragement to be committed to their role in being home.

In my weekly 'Hearts for Home' post I am encouraging myself and others to commit to thinking about what 4-6 things we can do each week to bring our thoughts, prayers and actions to keeping our 'Hearts for Home'.

I am praying that a spirit of gentleness, generosity in thoughts and time along with loveliness and grace would lead us to be all that God wants us to be.

So each week list 4-6 things you will commit to that will keep your "Hearts for Home". Gae from Cherished Hearts at Home



My list for the January 19th is ♥ ♥

♥ Keep sewing for baby. I am in the midst of making more diapers, homemade wipes, and various other little projects. Pictures are sure to follow.

♥ Make a family blanket for the baby and post some pictures of the finished project. I have everything ready to go. I still have to do this. It was on my last list. I really hope to get to it this week.

♥ Make a few soups for after the baby is born. They freeze well and don't take up space. I only have a fridge-top freezer.

♥ Declutter closets!!! This has been on previous lists, but we did some painting on the weekend and this was not a priority.

♥ To make taking rests a priority. Snuggling up with the kids and maybe watch a movie or too should help.

♥ Buy enough gluten free flours to make ahead some baking mixes for after baby. Have I mentioned that gluten free baked goods only taste good fresh? Now that hubby is eating gluten free at work, there are plenty of muffins, scones and fresh bread to be baked.

For more "Hearts for Home" ♥ ♥ lists, visit Gae's blog at

I thought I should post a picture of our newly painted bathroom. Yes, it is tiny, but it is cozy and comfortable enough to take long baths in. Thank you dearest, for all of your hard work.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tina Marie,I hope you enjoy those rest periods and what better way than to cuddle up to those specia blessings. Of course a movie is an added bonus.What are your choices?I will enjoy seeing your sewing projects.I lov eyour bathroom it does look cozy and do enjoy your baths.Praying for you, your family and baby this week.God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using homemade wipes. We use them mostly for wiping up faces and hands but we have these organic bamboo velour/sherpa wipes that are "oh so soft"...love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...