Monday, December 28, 2009

My Birthday Daybook ~ December 28, 2009.

FOR TODAY...

Outside My Window: A cold winter's day. It is still grey outside with the hopes that the sun will come out to shine.

I am Listening to: The children playing quietly.

I am wearing: My favourite pj pants and hubby's t-shirt and a fleece zip-up jacket. I am a little frosty. None of my other pj's fit and I have yet to get dressed.

I am Thankful For: My family. I love my husband and dear children more than anything in the whole world. They know how to make me feel so special.

I am Pondering: What it will be like to have a little baby again. It has been over four years since we had such a little baby in our arms. Will it be easier or harder? How will I manage baby, house duties and homeschooling?

I am Reading: You're a Better Parent Than You Think!: A Guide to Common-Sense Parenting I just started it, so I can give you a better review later. So far, I have found it very uplifting and confidence boosting.

From the Kitchen: Today there will be leftover Shrimp Creole for lunch and homemade gluten free pizza for supper with a yummy blueberry cheesecake using gluten free chocolate cookie crumbs as a base. Yummmmmm!

I am Thinking: About all of the hopes and dreams I had as a child. I am thoroughly amazed, that even though my dreams were different than today's reality, I am a million times happier than I could have imagined. God's plan is always the best plan.

I am Creating: Baby's Fringed Playmat from the book Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials into New Family Treasures I just love this book and all of it's ideas. This playmat is a family project that will be a gift to the new baby. Pictures to follow for sure.

Towards a Real Education: Right now we are enjoying some time off from the regular school routine to nest and prepare for the baby. If that isn't real education, then I don't know what is.

Towards Rhythm and Beauty: I have to think about this one. We are always trying to keep up with our chores and are always creating new ways to be efficient and tidy. I guess this our contribution to rhythm and beauty in our home.

To Live the Liturgy: We ordered a new bible with hubby's Christmas bonus (gift card from the mall). Our family really enjoyed doing all of the bible readings for the Jesse Tree during advent so much, but agreed that we needed a modern translation of the bible. We own the Douay Rheims bible, a German bible, a children's bible in English and one in German. Between all of the bibles we were successful in understanding the daily readings. On the other hand, it would have been nice to just use one bible for the whole season of advent. My husband wants us to continue our bible reading in the evening, but would like to be able to understand what I am reading. I also am pondering the idea of reading the King of the Gold City and the Acts of the Apostles for Children in the evenings while we are waiting for our bible to arrive.

I am Hoping and Praying: For a safe and healthy home-birth. I keep offering up everything for this one particular thing. We have never had a home birth and the children really want to be present to welcome their little brother into the world.

In the Garden: Lots of snow. Winter is here. The garden is covered in a blanket of snow.

Around the House: Tidying, decluttering and all-around nesting. I really want to dig out the baby cloths and get them washed and ready soon.

On Keeping Home: I received some money for Christmas and my birthday from my godmother and ordered the two above mentioned books as well as Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House I am learning a lot and looking at the tedious job of keeping home in a totally different way. I am trying to look at it the way I imagine Mary would have looked at it.

One of My Favorite Things: Cheesecake. Yummmmmmy!!! I know that my husband really wanted to make me a cheesecake for my birthday (he always makes me a birthday cake), but unfortunately he had to work today. I don't mind, then at least I get to lick the beaters and the bowl. Cheesecake is one of my all-time favourite comfort foods. Growing up, it was the birthday cake of choice by most of us six kids.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week: Nesting, making more cloth diapers, playing some Wii with the kids and relaxing. We are back to school next week and I really want to enjoy the break. We really deserve it after finished 18 weeks of Seton Home School plans!!!

A Picture Thought I'm Sharing (actually 3) Christmas Eve under the tree with my loved ones:




5 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried making mini oreo cheesecakes? Just put liners into muffin tins, put an oreo into each liner, and then fill 3/4 with the cheesecake recipe inside the Philly cheese box! Bake for about 15-20 min, depending on your oven!Ooooooooooh...lime cheesecakes (with a coconut/graham crust) are good as mini cakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy. Do you know if you can you get gluten free oreos somewhere??? Or how to make some from chocolate cookie crumbs?Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this: http://glutenfree.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/gluten-free-homemade-oreos/actually, I just googles "gluten free oreo" and a whole bunch of recipes came up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and readhttp://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/lofiversion/index.php/t8016.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...