Monday, November 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ November 23, 2009.

Outside my window... it is a crisp, sunny 3C / 37.4F

I am thinking... that I have so much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for... a supportive husband and three children who are a great help, especially when I'm not feeling well.

I am wearing... nothing spectacular, jogging pants and a long-sleeve T-shirt from my husband. I woke up not feeling to well and these are typically my most comfortable grab when I am not feeling well.

I am remembering... my grandfather who passed away 27 years ago this week. I was only four at the time.

I am going... to take it easy today and play some Wii with the kids and hopefully catch a few zzz's.

I am reading... Prayerfully Expecting: A Nine-Month Novena for Mothers to Be

I am hoping... that the rest of pregnancy will go well and that I will give birth to a healthy little baby in the warmth and comfort of our home.

On my mind... I hate braxton hicks and hope that they stop.

From the learning rooms... lots of plans for advent. I have already begun reading books for the Advent season. The kids can't wait to read more and do more fun activities.

Noticing that... November flew by so quickly.

Pondering these words... "Mom, I only have x number of subjects left!" Oh, how I wish adult life was like that sometimes. Just one more chore and then I will be done. That never happens! I don't stress over it though, like the kids do.

From the kitchen... that all depends on how I feel. I do have a pork loin in the fridge. Any ideas?

Around the house... lots of unfinished projects. Next on my list is the Christmas Star wall-hanging/quilt. I started it last November and I am determined to have it up and hanging for the 1st of Advent. It reminds me of the star that the wise men followed.

One of my favorite things... finishing a handmade project, whether a quilt, stuffed animal or a potholder. The satisfaction is wonderful. I am in awe at the talents and perseverance that God gave me (not that I am an expert at any of these things). I have ripped out rows and rows, stich ripped entire projects and actually thrown out unsatifactory made objects. It has taken me almost 20 years to get things right the first time or at least second.

From my picture journal... another item for our baby. The pattern can be found here.



Go to Peggy's Blog to read more Daybook entries.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE finishing projects! That feeling of accomplishment! I was just realizing the other day that I have so rarely made anything for myself, though. I don't know, I just love making things for others. I love sitting there and thinking about them while I work the yarn and praying for them with each stitch. Then when you finish, it has all your love and hope worked in there... sigh... it is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...