Monday, November 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ November 2, 2009.

FOR TODAY... from Tina's Daybook

Outside my window... it is grey and looks cold. I hope that as the day grows older, the sun will come out to shine on us.

I am thinking... of all of the things that I had planned to do on the weekend, but never got to. I have no regrets, though. I had a wonderful weekend.

I am thankful for... Fridays. The day we go to children's adoration and especially since it the day that my dear husband comes home after a week's work away from home.

I am wearing... my pj's. It is still early.

I am remembering... all those who have gone before me.

I am going... to the Midwife's on Wednesday. If it snows, I won't be going! I hate driving on the highway in the snow.

I am reading... Gentle Birth Choicesand Birthing from Within: An Extra-Ordinary Guide to Childbirth Preparation.

I am hoping... that my husband's work brings him home soon. The project will hopefully done in about two weeks. I desperately need him here. He is my anchor, my strength and my rock. He is my best friend.

On my mind... another week of school. We have successfully completed 12 weeks of Seton Home Studies. I am extremely impressed how easily we have adjusted to the demands of the program. I feel that I was called to use a boxed curriculum and when I finally surrendered (I used a Charlotte Mason aproach previously and felt terrible using a boxed curriculum) to God's will, things became much easier.

From the learning rooms... week C from Along the Alphabet Path.

Noticing that... I eat more when my husband is at home. I cook a lot more and eat a lot more as a result. Eating in company of the one you love encourages you to take your time and enjoy. Specialties are baked and savoured.

Pondering these words... "I am going to miss you."said by my husband this morning at 4:20am. I am already missing him.

From the kitchen... home-made chicken and rice soup, Squash Chili and lots of rice. At least that is what is left over from my weekend cooking spree. I just need to make some GF breadsticks and we can enjoy warm lunches again this week.

Around the house... it's clean! My wonderful husband cleaned my kitchen floor and both bathrooms on the weekend. He told me to go play piano and he would gladly do some household chores.

One of my favorite things
... spending time cuddling with the family watching movies in our tiny TV room. We spent a lot of time there this weekend.

From my picture journal
...

B is also for Boardgames ~
MB - Milton Bradley 40143100 - Monster AG Spiel des Lebens



To read more Daybook Entries visit Peggy's Blog.

2 comments:

  1. My husband works out of town, too. He left about 5:30 this morning. He'll be driving to two cities in Tennessee this week then flying to Michigan and back before I see him again. I'm thankful for the sacrifices he makes for me. It is lonely sometimes. I know it is harder for you with the children to take care of alone.I like playing board games. And card games. I wish I could find a group of ladies or maybe just one who would like to meet and play.Have a great week.Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful you have a wonderful family. I pray you and your baby will stay healthy and happy. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...