Thursday, November 19, 2009

First Reconcilliation Preparations

On December 5th, 2009, Maria will celebrating her First Reconcilliation. She has been attending classes at our church and we have been preparing her in her Religion classes at home. I would like to share some of the things that we have been doing in order to prepare her for this wondeful sacrament.

We are working on a First Confession Lapbook and are using some of the activities from the blogpost on First Reconcilliation from the blog: I blog, therefore I am. We especially like the File Folder game, which Maria is working on making as I type.

The following is a video clip that I found on the above mentioned website.
[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdNwS-2qYDk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1]

We are using the following books to help with preparation:

Catholic Prayer Book for Children
My First Catechism
My First Holy Communion (it has a great section on sin and confession)
Living the Ten Commandments for Children
Going to Confession

1 comment:

  1. I loved the part where it said to go and celebrate your forgiveness but try not to commit any sins while doing so. LOL....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...