Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Puffed Pancakes

Recipes for puffed pancakes have been making their rounds amoung my fellow bloggers. This morning, I made an attempt at making some gluten free puffed pancakes. They weren't as puffy as their glutenous counterparts, but the kids liked them. They reminded me of french toast for some odd reason. I will definitely bake them again, but will play around with the ingredients to see if I can make some truly puffy pancakes.



In case you were wondering, I substitued the flour with a gluten free flour mix and added 1/2 tsp. of guar gum. The recipe I used is posted here.

After writing this post, I found a recipe for gluten free puffed pancakes. It doesn't look much different, with the exception of the amounts all being a little less and the addition of salt. Maybe they will puff for me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...