Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Garden in September

Well, I don't think that I have to mention that this hasn't been the best summer with regards to growing beautiful gardens. I don't know if you saw the picture I took of the backyard at the beginning of June. This week has been the warmest week of summer so far. I thought I would take the opportunity to get a few nice pictures of the garden. I pulled the peas and beans already, so it is looking a little bare in spots, but I think you get the idea. The carrots and beets are mini and the tomatoes are still really green. The lettuce isn't very big either. On the other hand, The flowers seem to be doing really well. The lavender bloomed for the first year in the three summers that we have had it and the sweet peas smell divine. It is not the most bountiful or beautiful garden I have ever grown, but at least it grew. And look at the grass, it is green! That is rare in the prairies.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...