Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy 10th Hochzeitstag mein Schatz!

Du bist die Ruh!
du bist der Frieden,
du bist vom Himmel mir beschieden.
Dass du mich liebst, macht mich mir werth,
dein Blick hat mich vor mir verklaert,
du hebst mich liebend ueber mich, mein guter Geist, mein bessres Ich!

You are repose, you are peace,
you were granted to me by heaven.
Your loving me gives me value in my own eyes,
your gaze has transfigured me in my own mind;
by loving, you raise me above myself,
my good angel,by better self!

text from Widmung (Dedication) an Aria by Robert Schumann
The text also used on our wine bottle lables


Ten years ago today, before the eyes of God, Sascha and I entered into the sacred sacrament of marriage and made a promise to one another and to God. At the time, we did not know what hardships lay ahead. No one ever does. Our wedding day was a hardship in itself. There was a family feud playing in the background and we were in the middle. We somehow managed to get through the day and throw on some smiles. We were so happy and so sad at the same time. We had just begun our life together. We were thankful for everyone who helped make our day so special. We were living in Germany at the time and got married in Canada. Planning a wedding from overseas was very challenging, but so many people helped make this day special.

I also want to thank God for chosing such a wonderful man to be my life long mate. He is the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I love him more today, than I did ten years ago. He is my strength, he is my joy and most of all he is my love. I truly believe that if it wasn't for God, I would never had met this man and learned to love him.

Well, honey... Ich liebe Dich und werde Dich immer lieben!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation to the blessed couple. May God continue to bless you for many more decades!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...