Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Holy Season of Lent

I am following the lead of Kimberly at Catholic Family Vignettes for making my Lenten season more meaningful. Here is a tiny snippet from her blog:

"Lent.

Time to give up, take up, let go and accept all that God has in store for us throughout the Holy Season.

In this family, we try to focus equally upon that which we will take up, as well as give up. Sometimes, the truest sacrifice is not that which we’ve forsaken, but that which we’ve embraced."


During the Holy Season of Lent we will:

~give up TV on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays. We will also give up desert except on Sundays and First Class Feast Days.

~take up going to daily Mass on Fridays and Saturdays, recite the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and the family Rosary daily. We often do these things, but never on a regular basis and I hope that Lent will help us become more consistant in our devotions.

~let go of distractions. We are going to limit computer time 2 days per week (this includes blogging and Facebook). We want to focus on spending less time doing meaningless activities. This will be hard for me because I love to read blogs and see all my friends and family on Facebook.

~embrace more quality family time. Read together more and listen to each other. Embrace the Gospels. Spend time reading the bible as a family. Also, see where we can help in the community and actively help.

I really want to address my spirtual lazyness and stick to what I have set out to do. I set goals and then give up because of lazyness. I am missing out on so many graces and I know this. Focusing on Christ is the most important goal and I neglect it. I will be posting less and hopefully following through with my efforts to receive Sanctifying Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...