Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tag!

I was tagged. A few blogs that I follow have been tagging people and I was actually crossing my fingers that I wouldn't get tagged. I am not a great writer and never have much to say. So here goes,

6 Things you might not know about me...

#1 ~ I went to University to become an opera singer and after second year took a leave of absense to go to Germany. I fell in love and never finished my degree.
#2 ~ I could hardly speak German when I met my husband and he couldn't speak English. We still fell in love and married only 10 months after meeting. This year we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.
#3 ~ I have been married twice on two different continents to one and the same man. In Germany,you cannot get married in the church if you haven't been married by the state. We got married at City Hall in Bonn, Germany and had our marriage blessed in Walkerton, Canada.
#4 ~ I grew up on a beef farm and spent a lot of time babysitting for other farmers and swore that I would never ever want to live on a farm when I grew up. I am living in a city now and wish I could raise my kids on a farm.
#5 ~ As a kid, I was very athletic. I actually won awards in track and field, cross-country running and made it on the school basketball and volleyball teams. The sad thing is that I am not very athletic now and neither are my husband or kids.
#6 ~ I love to home school the kids. I can't imagine how I would pass the time without my kids at home. I never intented to home school my kids and never thought I could do it. With God's grace and many blessings, I have found that I can and will for as long as possible.

That's it. Six things about me. What about you? The following bloggers have been tagged by me.

Lord, Make Me A Saint
Hail Mary, Full of Grace
Totus Tuus Family and Catholic Homeschool
Simply Catholic
Inside Deanna's Diary
Bountiful Blessings

Here are the rules:
Rule #1 ~ Link to the person that tagged you: That was another Melanie at Springs of Joy Homeschooling
Rule #2 ~ Post the rules on your Blog.
Rule #3 ~ Write 6 random things about yourself
Rule #4 ~ Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
Rule #5 ~ Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their Blog.Rule #6 ~ Let the tagger know your entry is up.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Tina!How amazing that you studied opera! I loved learning more about you.Thank you for tagging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your blog and haven't even got around to leaving a comment on your blog. Thank you for doing this. I have to go and see what I can learn about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the tag, Tina! It's so nice to meet new friends! I'm particularly interested in reading your gluten free posts. It's an idea my husband and I have been discussing as of late because we have heard that it sometimes helps lessen the symptoms of autism. (We've actually been reading about gluten free/casein free diets). Our oldest child has a high functioning form of autism called Asperger's syndrome and we suspect that our third child may as well. We are willing to try anything to help them function more "normally", but I have been too intimidated to make the switch! I may have to rethink my decision. :)I'll try to post my 6 things soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there! thanks for visiting my blog! I would like to join in on the 'tag' , but it will take me some time to get back to that for I'm taking a little computer break.be back soon though.In Him, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina, I got your meme done. Thanks for the tag. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...