Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Weekend Renos

This past weekend, we decided to give part of the main floor an overhaul. The whole house was beige, except the school room. Trims and all. We were sick of the same old blaaaaaa, that we were brave and bought some bold paint.

Although Sascha was fighting a bit of a cold, he couldn't wait to give the main floor a dash of colour. He should have rested, but we were too excited to see change. Sascha's health turned for worse and was really sick on Monday morning. He is still home today. I have never seen a cold or flu literally knock him off his feet like this. He is on the mend, but still has to take it easy or he gets really dizzy.

I am not going to say that it was worth it to paint the kitchen and bath despite how he is feeling, because that just isn't true. It would have gotten painted sooner or later, but the results are phenomenal (to me at least!). The kids picked the kitchen colour and we picked the guest bath colour. Kids like bright colours and I must admit that their request for orange a.k.a. pumpkin coloured walls made me uneasy. I really do like it. The kids love it. The guest bath is in contrast, extremely calming. We like it. What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. Tina, I love it!! I have been dying to pain our main floor... especially the kitchen and hs room (and the bathroom with the lovely floral wall paper). I just haven't had the money or the courage to actually settle on a color. what kind of paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted this! Haha! Good morning. We used kitchen and bathroom paint from Rona. My husband is better at picking colours than me. I let him pick coordinating fabrics to quilt with. He seems to have a better eye than I do. Should I send him over? When he is better of course.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...