Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gluten Free Brownies

My last post got so long, but I didn't want anyone to miss out on this delicious brownie recipe. My husband who isn't celiac thinks these are the best brownies I have ever made. This recipe is originally in German and can be found here.

Ingredients:

125g Butter or your favorite butter substitute
125g cane sugar
125g baker's chocolate (70% cocoa)
3 eggs
50g light GF Flour Mix
30g cocoa
1 tsp. GF Baking powder
150g chopped nuts (almonds, haselnuts or cashews)

Melt butter, sugar and chocolate in a double broiler over hot water. Let the mixture cool. Mix together the flour, cocoa and baking powder and add to the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the three beaten eggs and mix. Now fold in the chopped nuts.

Pour into a baking form (I used an 8x8 pan) lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 325F oven for about 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Please adjust your oven temperature and baking times according to your oven. The times on the original recipe seemed a little long. I didn't set a timer and am just guessing at the baking time and took mine out when I thought it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...