Monday, September 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ September 8


The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...

Outside My Window...it is beautiful. After a week of cold days, today is nice and relatively warm. The black-eyed-susans, zinnias and sunflowers are all on the verge of blossoming. I have waited all summer for this.

I am thinking...about how much schoolwork I plan on Mondays. It always seems like more than the rest of the days.

I am thankful for...
a preschooler who is very inventive during school time. The room is a complete mess when school is done, but he is not interruptive (for the most part) and has a lot of fun.

From the kitchen...Morracan chicken, rice and veggies and a blueberry pie for dessert. (It's Mary's Birthday)

I am wearing...my favourite jean skirt, a t-shirt and for the first time in a while, no tights, or socks.

I am creating...chaos. I have yet to finish the baby quilt or Mia's other dress and have already started on a scarf for one of the kids. I know I really should do one project at a time, but.... that's the way I am.

I am going...to write a letter to my m-i-l and wish her a Happy Birthday! (She lives in Germany, just in case you didn't know) I worked on a picture dvd with my dh yesterday and want to send it to her.

I am reading...lots of kids books. We received a few shipments last week and I have been reading them as I get a chance.

I am hoping...that I don't get home school burnout this year.

I am hearing...nothing and am enjoying the silence.

Around the house...there is laundry to fold, kids to bath and supper to make. It will all get done when it gets done.

One of my favorite things...is to sleep in. I don't mean until 11:00am, but rather 7:00am at least. Usually, someone climbs into my bed at the crack of dawn and my hope of getting a nice, long and refreshing sleep comes to a quick halt.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: did I mention the quilt and the dress? Going to the home school store to pick up a book (right, do you think I can walk out with just one book!) I still have to do my German 2007 taxes.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...my oldest boy making his first batch of applesauce. He did everything by himself with a little supervision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...