Monday, September 22, 2008

St. Therese Chaplet

All Saints day is coming soon. Well, not that soon. We have been thinking about it all the same. We need to plan things well in advance. Not knowing when our home school group will get together for All Saints Day (this year All Saints Day is on a Saturday), we are trying to get a head start. We usually get together and the children all make presentations on a saint of their choice. Sometimes there are games or trivia or even treats at the different stands.

This year Mia is going to dress up as St. Therese of the Child Jesus. We have been reading "Little Thérèse" by Rev. P.J. Carbonel S.J. after the family rosary before bedtime. We have been really enjoying it. It depicts the life of St. Thérèse from birth onward. This story is truly an inspiration for our children. Although Thérèse was so small, she still showed our Lord how much she loved him. Mia really likes that she loved God and she behaved most of the time and when she didn't she made up for it right away.

This morning I was reading one of my favourite blogs and there was a link to a tutorial on making a St. Ann chaplet. I followed the link and found a tutorial for making a St. Thérèse chaplet. I made a very inexpensive version for Mia out of things that I had on hand. I am pleased with the way it turned out.

St. Thérèse Chaplet Prayers

On the Crucifix: Saint Therese, little flower, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly garden and sind it to me with a message of love. Please ask God to grant the favor I implore, and tell Him that I will love Him each day more and more.

On the single, bead say and Our Father.

On each of the twenty-four flower beads say a Hail Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...