Friday, September 5, 2008

Mother Teresa

Today, I was looking at a few of my favourite blogs Lord, Make Me a Saint and In the Heart of my Home and both spoke of the feast of Mother Teresa. It wasn't mentioned at Mass this morning, so I had no idea that today was a feast day. I spent a little time looking for more information on Mother Teresa. Most of us know who she is and what an amazing woman and Catholic she was here on earth. I am reading her book, A Simple Path and am at awe at how her writing is so simple, but yet so deep and meaningful. I love the way she wrote. I am a simple person and like to understand what I am reading. I can not only understand what she writes, but also can apply her suggestions to my life as a wife, mother, friend and neighbour. I will be reading more of her works, I am sure. Tonight, we are having chicken curry and rice and I will be telling the kids a story about Mother Teresa before bed. I will leave you with a few of my favourite quotes from Mother Teresa and a link that is dedicated to Mother Teresa.

"The privelege that we have to adore Him every day is one of His greatest gifts. If you have a clean heart, you will be able always to see that wonderful connection between the Bread of Life and the broken body of Christ in the poor."

The success of love is in the loving--it is not in the result of loving. Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person, but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done. The more we can remove this priority for results the more we can learn about the contemplative element of love. There is the love expressed in the service and the love in the contemplation. It is the balance of both which we should be striving for. Love is the key to finding this balance.
-- From A Simple Path, by: Mother teresa, Balantine Books, 1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...