Thursday, May 15, 2008

Art

This is a posting marathon today. We have done so many cool things this week, that I just have to post them all. While I was finishing my morning chores, Noah asked me what he should do. (never pass up on such an opportunity ;-) ) I told him to go and do some sketching. We have a book from the library that shows you how to sketch farm animals and a few other things. I told him to pick out a picture and start sketching and that I would be down as soon as I had his little brother dressed.

This is a picture of the original...
This is Noah's version...
I don't remember if I mentioned this in an older post or not, but we are studying farmyard animals. I have a booklist from the internet and one book that was on a few lists is "Wake Up, Big Barn" by Suzanne Tanner Chitwood. We read it this morning and then I decided that we have to do more art. Typical me. Sorry that I am not the school teacher like home school mom. My plans, as good as they are, are often put by the wasteside as soon as something more interesting comes along. That is exactly what happened this morning. (Art is alligned too, btw) The artwork in this book is phenomenal to say the least! It is made up of ripped up magazines and catalogues. Noah was inspired by the peacock. (Actually, I made him try this one. Some of the others looked quite difficult for a seven year old).

Again, for reference purposes, here is the original...

This is Noah's version...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...