Monday, March 31, 2008

Starting our Garden Indoors

We started growing some tomatoes and mini bell peppers last Thursday. We can hardly wait for spring to actually show its face. This year is very different from every other year I have lived as a married woman. We have a backyard and room to grow a little garden. On the weekend, we went and priced lumber to build ourselves some square foot garden boxes. To get an idea of what I mean, follow this link. I have heard that it is difficult to grow a garden in Calgary soil. I don't know if this is true or not, but I think a square foot garden looks a little more compact and will fit in our backyard.

Here are some pictures of the kids planting tomatoe and pepper seeds. It snowed off and on all weekend and a little green would definitely lift my spirits.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...