Friday, January 25, 2008

You learn something new everyday.

Today after morning mass, I was approached and asked the names of my children. After I said "Noah, Maria and Owen," I appologized by naming my youngest son Owen. I know it isn't a typical Christian name, but that I really liked it and I admitted this. This man, being a British man, said to me, "Don't you know that there was a Saint Owen?" I said, "No." I was perplexed, but then he told me the story of St. Owen. In school, he told me that where he went to school they divided the school up into different houses and his house was "Owen House", just like in a fraternities they have houses. He went on to tell me that Saint Owen build hideaways for other Catholic priests and that when the armies came, they weren't found. He was later arrested, but never confessed as to where he built the hide-outs. Later, he was arrested again and was cruely tortured and ended up dying as a result. He is one of England's martyrs.

More information can be found here. You really do learn something new everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...