Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mia is trying to be like Mary the Blessed Mother

This week we have been talking a lot about our gifts to Jesus. The three Magi brought very extravagent gifts to give to the Christ child. The question that I posed to the children in light of our Catechism study this week is, "If you were present at the first Christmas, what would you give to Jesus?" Mia's promt answer, was "I don't have any Gold, what can I give him?" I asked her what it is that she can do really well and she answered, "I could sing for him the song 'Go to Sleep, My Little Brother'." I thought that that was such an appropriate song and asked her to draw a picture of herself singing to the baby Jesus. This is what she drew...



We have also been speaking about using Mary as an example for our daily lives and that because she was free of sin she is the perfect model for us as girls and women. She really loves Mary and this shows in the following work. She is trying to memorize the poem below and for printing practise she decided to write "I love Mary. Mary loves me." I simply love the picture she drew of herself and of the Blessed Mother. It was also her idea to change our picture from the Holy Family to a picture from her K4J Mary Memory of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. May God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...